Center for Environment and Development (CED) of Economics Department is vibrant research institution at the American University of Central Asia which promotes science-based policy leading to sustainable development.
To provide sound scientific base for sustainable economic development
- To carry out research on subjects related to environment and development;
- To collaborate with local and foreign universities, research institutions and Developmental agencies on topics related to environment and development;
- To provide scientific base to the governmental projects;
- To carryout capacity building, training and outreach programs;
- To provide consultancy services to government and multi-lateral agencies;
- To contribute to the establishment of the environment and development network in the Kyrgyz Republic and Central Asia.
CED currently focuses on the following areas:
- Poverty and Development
- Trade and environment
- Migration and Remittances
- Natural Resource Management
Within these topics CED’s team is involved in international projects with GIZ, USAID, UNDP and several foreign universities.