Center for Environment and Development (CED) under AUCA Economics Department promotes science-based policy leading to sustainable development.
News and events
- February 13: Round table on SDG 12
- University Alliance for Green Economy (AVZUR) discussed building a model for green economy development in Kyrgyzstan
- University Alliance for Green Economy: the Ministry of Economy is inviting academia on 02.02.2020 to discuss the model for development of green economy in KR
- Presentation on Jan 25th of Draft Law on Glaciers and Report on contribution of mining industry to the economy of KR
- FIRMS, KINSHIP AND ECONOMIC GROWTH IN THE KYRGYZ REPUBLIC
- Evaluating current and proposed initiatives and policies with modern scientific methods
- Providing research on relevant issues
- Conducting open workshops and seminars for the population
- Providing evidence base for public development projects
- Capacity-building programs, which include training sessions and workshops
- Consultancy services
- Conducting and publication of scientific research
- Developing academic manuals and handbooks for research and education purposes
- Organizing academic conferences and forums for the development of science in the region
Dr. Rahat Sabyrbekov got his PhD at School of Economics and Business at Norwegian University of Life Sciences and currently teaches at Economics Department of AUCA. He obtained his Master degree from University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom. Rahat serves as author for Intergovernmental Platform for Ecosystem Services and Biodiversity Assessment Report. Rahat’s research interests are in ecosystem services, natural capital and natural resource management.
Akylai Muktarbek kyzy
Akylai Muktarbek kyzy is PhD Candidate at School of Economics and Business at Norwegian University of Life Sciences. She works on impact evaluation of development projects.
American University of Central Asia
7/6 Aaly Tokombaev str., Bishkek
720060 Kyrgyz Republic
Tel.: +996 312 915 000 (ext. 470)