Center for Environment and Development (CED) under AUCA Economics Department promotes science-based policy leading to sustainable development.
News and events
- GREEN ECONOMY WEEK 2019
- Round table “Science and Higher Education for Green Economy Transition” on November 14
- Tuebingen University visited CED AUCA
- CED AUCA initiated the creation of Alliance of Green Universities in Kyrgyzstan
- Round table “Green economy and sustainable development in curriculum and research”.
- Evaluating current and proposed initiatives and policies with modern scientific methods
- Providing research on relevant issues
- Conducting open workshops and seminars for the population
- Providing evidence base for public development projects
- Capacity-building programs, which include training sessions and workshops
- Consultancy services
- Conducting and publication of scientific research
- Developing academic manuals and handbooks for research and education purposes
- Organizing academic conferences and forums for the development of science in the region
Dr. Rahat Sabyrbekov got his PhD at School of Economics and Business at Norwegian University of Life Sciences and currently teaches at Economics Department of AUCA. He obtained his Master degree from University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom. Rahat serves as author for Intergovernmental Platform for Ecosystem Services and Biodiversity Assessment Report. Rahat’s research interests are in ecosystem services, natural capital and natural resource management.
Akylai Muktarbek kyzy
Akylai Muktarbek kyzy is PhD Candidate at School of Economics and Business at Norwegian University of Life Sciences. She works on impact evaluation of development projects.
American University of Central Asia
7/6 Aaly Tokombaev str., Bishkek
720060 Kyrgyz Republic
Tel.: +996 312 915 000 (ext. 470)