Center for Environment and Development (CED) at AUCA promotes science-based policy leading to sustainable development.
News and events
- Международная конференция по зеленой экономике
- Guest lecture by U.S. Embassy air quality science fellow Ryan Schmedding
- Как победить смог в Бишкеке? Рекомендации от вузов и ученых
- Конференция “Качество воздуха в Бишкеке и пути решения проблемы” в рамках Дней зеленой экономики в КР – 2021
- AUCA smog Study in Bishkek: Myths and Reality
- Evaluating current and proposed initiatives and policies with modern scientific methods
- Providing research on relevant issues
- Conducting open workshops and seminars for the population
- Providing evidence base for public development projects
- Capacity-building programs, which include training sessions and workshops
- Consultancy services
- Conducting and publication of scientific research
- Developing academic manuals and handbooks for research and education purposes
- Organizing academic conferences and forums for the development of science in the region
CED has been working in areas like poverty and development, green economy, trade and environment, migration and remittances, energy, water, natural resource management
CED has been coordinating the activities of the University Alliance for Green Economy and Sustainable Development. Learn more.
CED regularly provides different lectures, workshops and seminars, conferences on green economy and sustainbly development issues for students, public workers, and more general audience. Learn more.
CED has been implementing different research projects in collaboration with USAID, PAGE, GIZ and other international and public institutions. Learn more.
Dr. Rahat Sabyrbekov got his PhD at School of Economics and Business at Norwegian University of Life Sciences and currently teaches at Economics Department of AUCA. He obtained his Master degree from University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom. Rahat serves as author for Intergovernmental Platform for Ecosystem Services and Biodiversity Assessment Report. Rahat’s research interests are in ecosystem services, natural capital and natural resource management.
Akylai Muktarbek kyzy
Akylai Muktarbek kyzy is PhD Candidate at School of Economics and Business at Norwegian University of Life Sciences. She works on impact evaluation of development projects.
American University of Central Asia
7/6 Aaly Tokombaev str., Bishkek
720060 Kyrgyz Republic
Tel.: +996 312 915 000 (ext. 470)